20 W Emma Street Rockford, Washington 99030

Town of Rockford

Hazardous Environmental Conditions

The strength of a small town comes from its sense of community, with neighbors helping neighbors. Many of our residents are elderly or infirm and susceptible to periods of high heat or bitter cold. If you feel that your health is being immediately threatened by high or low temperatures, contact the Town Hall at (509) 291-4716, and we will attempt to locate a safe place for you to cool down or warm up.

After hours contacta:

Carrie Roecks at (509) 270-3310 

Clint Stevenson at (509) 714-3351.

If you are experiencing symptoms of heat exhaustion or hypothermia call 911 immediately.

Town Utilities

Water, Sewer, Streets

If you witness an emergency involving water service, sewage, or roads, contact the Town of Rockford's Public Works Director Dave Thompson at (509) 291-4716.

After hours contacts:

 Dave Thompson at (509) 291-4716 option 3 

Carrie Roecks at (509)270-3310

Clint Stevenson at (509) 714-3351.


If you see downed or arcing power lines, call 911.

Natural Gas

If you smell natural gas (sulfur or "rotting eggs" smell), call 911.

Animal Control
Rockford contracts with Spokane County Regional Animal Protection Service for all animal control and pet licensing related services.

If you have a concern or complaint, and wish to contact an animal control officer, please call

(509) 477-2532 10:00am - 5:30pm Monday through Saturday.

For more information, visit the SCRAPS website.

6815 E. Trent
Spokane Valley, WA 99212

Law Enforcement - Non-Emergency Crime Check 509-456-2233

Rockford contracts with the Spokane County Sheriff's Department for law enforcement services. Find out more about the Spokane County Sheriff's Department through its website.

When to call Crime Check?

  • To file a police report over the phone for a crime that is no longer occurring.
  • If you witnessed a crime that previously occurred.
  • If you have information about a past crime.
  • To add information on a previous crime report.
  • If you are the victim of a crime that is not in progress.
  • To report a crime after the fact which does not require a officer/deputy at the scene.

Dial 911 for Emergencies

Visit the Department of Natural Resources website for information regarding Wildfire Fuel Reduction. DNR is a great resource for wildfire prevention and preparedness information.


The Rockford Fire Department provides Rockford with fire protection and EMT services. 

Fire Chief:  Gary Hill

Division Chief: Jason Seehorn

Physical Address:
116 E. Emma St.
Rockford, WA 99030

Mailing Address:
P.O. Box 65
Rockford, WA 99030

Non-Emergency Phone: (509) 291-6666